Connecting Outlook to Microsoft Exchange
These instructions were updated for 1C1N on 23rd February 2010 and can be followed by anyone carrying out their migration steps.
To connect Outlook directly to the 1C1N Microsoft Exchange server and take advantage of shared calendars, contacts, meeting scheduling etc... please follow these steps:
- Make sure you are on either Outlook 2003 or 2007 (Go to [help.. about] when in Outlook)
- Close Outlook down
- Go to the control panel and open the Mail option
- Select 'Show Profiles'
- Click Add to add a profile and call it '1c1n' (or whatever you like)
- Click OK
- Click Add a new Account or 'Manually configure server settings'
- Choose Microsoft Exchange Server
- Enter mail.nottscc.gov.uk into the first box and tick the cached mode box
- Enter you username and then 'More Settings'
- Click the 'Connection' tab and then the 'Connect to Microsoft Exchange usin HTTP' radio button
- Click the 'Exchange Proxy Settings..' button
- In the https:// field enter 'mail.nottscc.gov.uk'
- On the Proxy Authentication settings dropdown select 'Basic Authentication'
- Ensure that BOTH fast and slow connection tick boxes are selected
- Click the 'Security' tab
- Make sure the 'Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange' is ticked.
- Click OK and then Apply and then OK
- Click 'Check Name'
- A pop up will appear, in the username field enter 'schools\yourusername'
- Enter you password and click OK
- Click Next and Finish
- You will now be back at the Mail window. Make sure you either 'Prompt for a profile to be used' or selelct ther 1C1N profile as the one 'Always to be used'
- Open Outlook and choose the 1c1n profile
- You will need to log in with - Username: schools\yourusername - Password: yourpassword