SIMS Learning Gateway (SLG) Introduction and Preparation
· SLG Data Introduction & Data Preparation half day course is designed to help school administrators and technicians gain an understanding of SLG and how to use SIMS reports to help data cleanse their SIMS records in readiness for the implementation of SLG.
· The course will also show how to provision users and discuss school policies that need to be in place prior to its launch
Delegates must have a day to day knowledge of SIMS.net
· Overview of SLG logging on as a teacher and seeing what can be viewed in each of the web parts, from pupil data to attendance, assessment, behaviour & achievement.
· Discussing Data protection issues and data entry requirements for teachers. Discussion on school policies and ways to inform parents.
· Cleansing the school data in readiness for provisioning the users.
· The importing of reports to help with highlighting data such as duplicate contacts and how to deal with them.
· Checking parental responsibility flag as this is key to provisioning in SLG.
· Checking the house icon and lack of it or duplicate addresses in the system.
· Looking at SIMS Housekeeping routines such as tidying unlinked contacts, merging address data and running the 'unmatchable address report'.
· Provisioning - what is it - how to achieve this.
· Template letters included in SIMS and an example of a school policy and letter to parents.