Using mobile devices to access your emails and calendars
For a mobile device to successfully sync with your 1C1N mailbox it must use the Microsoft Activesync protocol. There are many devices that come with Activesync and the list is continually growing. We will update this page with any devices we come across. If anyone sets up there own devices that aren't on here then a quick email to email@example.com with a brief step by step guide would be very much appreciated!
- Press the menu key on the bottom of the phone =
- Select Settings
- Select Accounts & sync
- Select Add Account
- Select Exchange Activesync
- Select Manual setup
- Enter your details:
- Email address: your 1C1N school email address
- Server address: mail.nottscc.gov.uk
- Domain: schools
- Username: the one you use to log in to WIRED or OWA i.e. jbrown5
- Password: the password for the above account
- Select next and choose what you want to sync and when. The default settings are fine.
- Enter an account name, anything will do, and select Finish setup
- Your mail, contacts and calendar will now be sync'd your school account.
HTC Touch Pro
- Click Start, Programs, Activesync
- Click "Set up your device to sync with it"
- Enter you email address
- Untick the 'attempt to configure automatically'
- Click Next
- Enter the server address: mail.nottscc.gov.uk and keep the SSL option checked
- Click Next
- Enter your usual 1C1N username and password and the domain 'schools'
- Click Next and Finish followed by OK on the security pop up
- Go to Settings
- Choose 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars'
- Click 'Add Account...'
- Choose 'Microsoft Exchange'
- Enter your 1c1n email address
- Enter 'schools' in the domain field
- Enter your normal 1C1N username and password
- Click Next
- Wait for it to attempt to verify....
- Now enter the server 'mail.nottscc.gov.uk' and click Next
- Choose the things you want to sync (probably all) and click Done
Mail for Exchange allows you to easily mobilize your Microsoft Exchange email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. Designed exclusively for Nokia devices, Mail for Exchange enables around 50 Nokia S60 devices to help provide a virtually seamless push email experience.
- Nokia Mail for Exchange is provided as an installable client for Nokia S60 3rd and 5th edition devices
- Client can be used on Nokia Nseries, Nokia Eseries and other Nokia devices
- Mail for Exchange is preintegated to Nokia E75, Nokia E72, Nokia E55, Nokia E52, Nokia N86 8MP and Nokia 6710 Navigator
Full details can be found on the Nokia Mail for Exchange page